Atrinet and TIP—Working Hand-in-Glove to Bring Open, Interoperable, Disaggregated and Standards-Based Networks
Attilio Zani, executive director of TIP, noted in a recent update about the organization’s activities that “TIP products and solutions are a commercial reality globally,” citing numerous commercial deployments of TIP-incubated technology, including Open Optical and Packet Transport (OOPT) and OpenRAN. He pointed out that commercial deployments are expanding for Disaggregated Cell Site Gateway (DCSG) and Cassini in Asia, Latin America and Africa. Moreover, TIP has launched a new Solution Groups to build end-to-end network solutions addressing market needs, including among others Open Automation, where Atrinet is playing a key leadership role.
Atrinet is proud to be an active member of TIP in all of its endeavors. During the past year, despite the challenges presented by the Covid-19 pandemic, Atrinet took part in the following TIP events and activities:
- Managing multiple vendor transport solution (October 2019)
- Implementation of a TIP starter kit for all DCSG and some OpenRAN platforms (January 2020)
- Sponsoring and leading the Rural Site Configuration Plug Fest Workshop (October 2020)
- Contributing to form the Open Automation Project Group (October 2020)
- Offering a Network Controller Solution for OOPT Vendors — DCSG and Cassini (October 2020)
- Kickoff for VF OpenRAN CI/CD project (December 2020)
- Installation of NetACETM solution in multiple TIP labs (December 2020)
Atrinet’s contributions are addressing the three key benefits that TIP’s focused approach is delivering:
- Robustness and flexibility of telecom supply chains
- Accelerating innovation in network technology
- Improving network economics by reducing total cost of ownership and enabling potential new revenue streams
Atrinet, through its NetACE solution, providing end-to-end automation for discovery, visibility, service commissioning, and management of multi-vendor disaggregated networks, has enabled the TIP community to move several steps closer to its goals by offering all of this functionality from a single pane of glass – with an easy to modeling system and web interface.